Missions & Values
"Protecting and Serving Our Community 24 Hours a Day"
- To work in partnership with the citizens of Carrollton Township toward providing a safe environment and enhancing the quality of life consistent with the values or our community.
- To provide police services for the protection of life and property against violence, disorder, and loss while upholding constitutional rights of all persons.
- To provide equal and fair treatment and assure the public's right to peace and tranquility.
- To meet goals and needs of the department and its personnel through effective management and fiscal administration.
- To adhere to the Police Code of Ethics, department mission and value statements.
- To accomplish our mission we will adhere to values of professionalism, integrity, responsiveness, sensitivity, respect, openness, service, and excellence.
- Professionalism: We are committed to providing professional law enforcement services by highly trained personnel accountable to our community.
- Integrity: We are committed to demonstrating and maintaining the highest ethical standards both personally and organizationally.
- Responsiveness: We are committed to providing competent and effective delivery of service in response to community concerns.
- Sensitivity: We are committed to providing services in a manner sensitive to our diverse community.
- Respect: We are committed to providing courteous police service with respect for the rights and dignity of all the people we serve.
- Respect for Co-workers: We are committed to maintaining a workplace environment based on mutual respect, which reflects an appreciation of the unique qualities of each individual who contributes to the overall good of our team.
- Openness: We are committed to a shared and open relationship of involvement with all segments of our community.
- Service: We are committed to valuing the community we serve and meeting the community's needs while working together to build and maintain channels of communication between the community and ourselves. We do this by being personally involved in our community, fostering a team effort among ourselves and those we serve, and working cooperatively together in an effort to identify and resolve our problems within the community.
- Excellence: We are committed to and pride ourselves in our personal and organizational excellence and professionalism, acting responsibly and carrying out our duties with competence and efficiency.