Carrollton Township, MI

Voting & Election Information

Voter Information:

Visit the State of Michigan's Voter Information Center

Voter Registration:

To be eligible to vote, a person:

  • Must be at least 18 years of age on or before the next scheduled election;
  • Have been a resident of Michigan 30 days or longer prior to the election; and
  • Have registered to vote on or before the close of registration (30 days prior to an election) in his/her jurisdiction of residence.

You may register to vote at a local Secretary of State office or the Carrollton Township Clerk's office. You may also click here to view/print the voter registration application.

NOTE: If you mail in your registration and are voting for the first time in Michigan, you must vote in person at the first election held after you have registered, unless you are:

  • Disabled as defined by state law,
  • 60 years of age or older; or
  • Temporarily residing overseas

Voting Precincts:

Carrollton Township has two polling locations:

Precinct 1: Carrollton Township Municipal Building - 1645 Mapleridge Road

Precinct 2: St. John Paul II Education Center  - 3055 Harrison Street (corner of Harrison & Shattuck)

Absentee Voter (AV) Ballot:


 In 2018, Michigan voters approved Proposal 3 which allows voters to request an Absentee Voter Ballot without stating a reason. Absentee Ballot applications are obtained at the Clerk's office, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Or you may call 754-4611 or email Deputy Clerk Tricia Mejia: 

In order to have an Absentee Ballot mailed to you, you must apply for a ballot no later than 2:00 p.m. on the Saturday preceding Election Day. The Township Clerk's office is open on this day for election purposes only. Absentee Ballot voting is allowed until 4:00 p.m. on the Monday preceding Election Day; however, all ballots must be voted at the Township Office.

Each voter must sign his/her application. If you would like your ballot mailed, state law requires that your Absentee Ballot be delivered to your registered address unless you are hospitalized, institutionalized, or at an address outside your community. If you are temporarily residing outside of the United States, you must submit a sworn affidavit along with your Absentee Ballot application.

Absentee Voter Permanent List:

Any registered voter may request to be on the permanent list and will automatically be sent an application for each township election.

Address Change:

You may change your address by filling out a new voter registration form at any of the above-mentioned agencies or at the Carrollton Township Clerk's office.

Lost Voter- Registration Cards:

A new card may be obtained from the Carrollton Township Clerk's office for a $2.00 fee.

Election Inspectors:

Carrollton Township is always accepting applications for election inspectors. Election inspectors must be a registered voter of the county in which they wish to serve and must declare their political party affiliation. Inspectors are asked to be at their assigned precinct by 6:00 a.m. to prepare for the opening of the polls at 7:00 a.m. All inspectors must remain with their precinct chairperson until all closing procedures are complete.

Election inspectors receive election inspector training every two years and may be required to attend additional training sessions before certain elections. The sessions are held at different locations throughout the county. Inspectors will be notified of training session availability by telephone and/or mail. The sessions last approximately two hours and inspectors are paid for their attendance.

PA 158 of 1997 allows municipal officials to appoint 16 or 17 year olds as election inspectors, subject to certain restrictions. Any student interested in experiencing the election process should complete an election inspector application.

An election inspector application can be obtained at the Clerk's Office. Contact Deputy Clerk Tricia Mejia at and one can be mailed to you. Also, an application form can be downloaded from this website under Forms and Applications. All applications must be turned in or sent to the Clerk's Office, 1645 Mapleridge Road, Saginaw, MI 48604-1798.

Running for an Elected Township Office:

To qualify for township supervisor, clerk, treasurer or trustee, a person must be a township elector; property ownership is not required. An elector is defined as someone 18 years of age, who is a U.S. citizen and has lived at least 30 days in the township for which they will serve.

To run for a particular office on the ballot you will need to:

Obtain from the Township Clerk a nominating petition and the number of signatures that will be necessary to qualify the petition;

File the petition with the required number of signatures at the Township Clerk's office on or before 4:00 p.m. on the 12th Tuesday preceding the date of the August Primary Election; and

File an affidavit of identity (along with the nominating petition).

The term of office for all elected township officials is four years. The terms commence at 12 p.m. on November 20 following the November general election, provided the newly elected officials have qualified for office by that time.

To qualify, a successful candidate must file any necessary bond and take an oath of office before the township clerk or other officer qualified to administer the oath, such as a county clerk, notary public, or judge. Elected officials must qualify for office by January 1 or lose the elected position.

If you have questions that are not answered on this information page, please contact my office at This site will be updated accordingly. Thank you.

Jerry W. Fritz, Clerk
Carrollton Township

  • Login cms by Netsource One, Inc.