Carrollton Township, MI

Building, Planning & Zoning 


No Building Permits Required for:

  • Siding of house or garage.
  • Storage Sheds (Under 120 sq ft)

Building Permits Required for:

  • Any new construction such as a pole barn, garage, deck, porch, sheds larger than 10'x12' (120 sq. ft.), pools
  • Replacement windows may need a permit - please call the Building Inspector
  • Re-Roof Permit (Residential)
  • Site Plans needed for any building erected with setbacks clearly marked.  Setbacks for Accessory buildings are 4' from the side lot line and 5' from the rear lot line with no more than 33% of your back yard covered.
  • Pools, also all private swimming pools must have a fence around them at least 4' in height. Above-ground pools that are at least 4' in height are not required to have a fence, but must have a lockable or removable ladder.

Electrical, Mechanical, & Plumbing Permits:

  • A permit must be obtain for any new construction plus any changes or upgrades to existing buildings.

Planning Commission Meetings

The Township Planning Commission meets every third Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.  Meetings will be posted on the front door of the Township office and on this website along with any changes or cancellations. 

Meeting minutes are available at the Township office, 1645 Mapleridge, our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.  The phone number is 989-754-4611.

The Township Board of Appeals meets when necessary.  Meetings are open to the public and notices of meetings will be posted on the front door of the Township office and on this website.


Special Use Permit: $350.00

Rezone: $350.00

Zoning Board of Appeals Request: $250.00

Site Plan Review:  $300.00 
Administrative Review:
Revised Site Plan Review:


All of our forms are available on the Forms & Applications page.

  • Login cms by Netsource One, Inc.