Carrollton Township, MI

Water & Sewer DPW

What do I do about a sanitary sewer problem?

Contact the Public Works Department at 754-4611 ext. 102, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.  For sewer emergencies after normal working hours or on weekends, contact Central Dispatch at 911.

What is an auxiliary meter?

The township allows residents who are connected to the public water and sewer system to have a water meter installed to account for water that is not returned to the sanitary sewer system (i.e. swimming pool, lawn sprinkler). The resident would have to purchase an auxiliary meter (at the resident's own expense, $265.71 for the standard-sized 3/4" meter and transmitter and $75 inspection fee).

Auxiliary meters must be connected after the existing meter so that outside water goes through both meters. A permit fee of $50.00 and inspection fee of $25.00 also applies to auxiliary meter installation. A meter spacer bar is available at the Department of Public Works prior to installation of the actual meter. The meter is read quarterly with the regular meter read. No sewer charge will be added to the bill for water used through the auxiliary meter. 

For an auxiliary water meter permit - click here.

For a complete list of water and sewer rates and charges - click here to view the fee schedule.

  • Login cms by Netsource One, Inc.