Trash & Yard Pickup
The following are some basic guidelines - click here to view the Loop Guide provided by Mid Michigan Waste Authority (MMWA) for detailed set-out instructions on trash, yard waste and recycling or click here to visit MMWA's website.
- Unlimited number of garbage bags and/or cans containing regular household rubbish allowed
- Refuse must be in a bag or can (not in cardboard boxes), which may not exceed 33 gallons or 50 lbs., and must be securely fastened
- Refuse collected on THURSDAY for the entire Township
When a major holiday falls on a weekday, collection days will be delayed by one day. For example, if Christmas Day is on a Wednesday, collection services for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be delayed one day. Holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday do NOT delay collection services.
The observed holidays for Mid-Michigan Waste Authority are:
- New Years Day
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day
- Christmas Day
- Up to two (2) large items, such as mattresses, furniture and appliances, allowed each week
- Set out on regular collection day (Thursday)
- Carpet must be rolled, cut in 4' lengths and weigh 50 lbs. or less
- Items will be flagged by garbage hauler for later collection - LEAVE AT CURB!
- Includes grass clippings, sod without dirt, twigs (less than 2" diameter), leaves, etc. No root balls or stumps
- Place in 35 gal. or less trash can or paper yard waste bag weighing less than 50 lbs.
- Cans need a "Yard Waste" sticker (available free of charge at Township Offices)
- Weekly collection on refuse day, April - November; Christmas trees in January