Brush pickup dates for 2017:
The Township Board will set the 2017 Brush Pickup dates at their March 27, 2017 Board Meeting
Brush Pickup Service Policy
To enhance the appearance of the community, the following service will be provided to Carrollton Township residents:
Brush will be picked up at the curb from single-family homes on a schedule to be determined by the Township Board of Trustees annually at
their March regular meeting. Weather permitting, pickup will be scheduled monthly beginning in April and ending in October (excluding the month of July);
however, the schedule may fluctuate as deemed necessary by the Township Board. If the scheduled brush pickup is delayed by weather or utility emergencies, the
Department of Public Works Superintendent and/or the Township Director shall immediately reschedule the brush pickup. The Township reserves the right to
schedule additional pickups in the event of severe storms.
Brush pickup will normally commence on a Monday. All residents shall have their brush out to the curb by 7:00 a.m. on pickup day. Brush shall not be put to the curb earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the Friday before pickup day and any remaining items must be removed by 7:00 a.m. on the day after pickup.
Brush and branches larger than two inches (2”) but smaller than six inches (6”) shall be organized neatly at the curbside in piles no higher than three feet (3’) with all cut ends of the brush and branches pointing in the same direction.
Brush pickup service is NOT provided for:
- Entire tree removal (residents must secure arrangements for private disposal)
- Excessive brush from vacant land, commercial businesses, and/or contracted work
- Grass clippings, yard vegetation, twigs less than 2” in diameter, leaves, etc. - these items are classified as “Yard Waste” and may be placed in the appropriate containers for weekly curbside pickups annually April thru November along with the trash/recycling pickup
The following is a list of unacceptable items and the Carrollton Township DPW Superintendent and staff are authorized by the Township Board to refuse the
listed items and the property owner is then responsible for arranging removal by 7:00 a.m. the day after brush pickup:
- No dirt, trash, thorns, stumps, root balls, fence posts, wire or other building material, vines or poison ivy entwined into the pile
- No trunk larger than six inches (6”) in diameter and no longer than eight feet (8’)
WRONG! - TOO SMALL - THIS IS YARD WASTE!!
CORRECT! THIS IS FOR BRUSH PICKUP